Have you heard of Amazon Mechanical Turk?
You must have.
It is a unique crowdsourcing platform belonging to Amazon that lets you earn money online by doing various microtasks.
Though the individual pay for these tasks is low, how much you make on MTurk depends on the availability of tasks and the kind of tasks that you get.
How to make money with Amazon mechanical turk
What is Amazon MTurk?
It is a crowdsourcing platform where “Requesters,” the people who pay you for the work, and “Workers” come together.
There is no doubt about the credibility of this platform as Amazon backs it.
How much do you get paid?
The pay might not be much as it pays quite low, like in cents. But this entirely depends on the type of tasks you get. Sometimes you might get good-paying tasks like writing a 400-word article paying $40 or a data mining gig worth $15. It’s not uncommon to see people getting paid over $50 for some tasks.
But I would suggest you start on this crowdsourcing platform expecting only extra income.
What type of tasks do you get?
The projects you can get are very diverse, and mostly don’t take up too much time.
The sign-up process
You can sign up on the home page with all your details. It can take some time for your application to get accepted. Keep in mind that everyone who applies is not accepted. You can apply for MTurk even if you are not in the USA; the only thing that differs is the payment process.
After getting accepted, you will be on probation for about 10 days. During this time, you are allowed to do up to 100 HITs.
Tips to remember to make money from Amazon MTurk
These are some points you have to keep in mind if you are thinking of being a MTurker.
- It takes some time for your application to get reviewed, and it is possible that it might get rejected.
- At the start, you need to qualify for the HITS. Even though the tasks may pay little, this is necessary to go to the next level.
- After you complete your probation period, try to choose the HITS that pay more, to make it worth your time.
- Requesters have the authority to accept or reject your work, so avoid spammy requesters. Check on their ratings.
- Good-paying HITS are taken very quickly, so keep checking for upcoming HITS that pay well.
- Just to get the value of your time, I would suggest doing this during your break times.
- And finally remember, though there might be people who are making good money with this, it is just an extra income earner.
Bonus side gigs for extra income:
#1. Website testing
Website testing can be another side income earner for you if you are looking for non-phone job. Though the work might not be available all the time, you can get paid around $10 for about 20 minutes of looking around and speaking out your opinions about the website you’re testing. You can try Analysia, IntelliZoom Panel, and User Testing for this side gig.
If you have a car in good condition and love driving, then you might have another way to make extra income. You can be an Uber driver and start making around $19 to $23 an hour. It is an excellent way to earn money if you have some extra time.
I am surprised at how profitable this side business is. Actually, it can be a main income earner for you. Melissa earned over $40,000 last year flipping thrift store items part-time. And she tripled it this year, making over $130,000. Cool, right?! This can be a super fun and flexible side hustle, and you can make more than $20/hour.