In addition, this Policy explains how we comply with Australian Privacy requirements, including the Australia Privacy Principles (“APPs”) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
1. We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to the Website to receive newsletters, or for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name and email address. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
2. We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
4. The Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s Analytics privacy policies, please visit this site.
5. The Website engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the US Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (also known as web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
7. The Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
8. The Website does not collect sensitive information, such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or affiliations. We will only collect such information if required in a specific situation and with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
If we propose to disclose personal information to any third party, we will do so in compliance with the Privacy Act and the FTC requirements.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipient or purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures.
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Sharing your Personal Information
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances where required or permitted by law.
We will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
This Website is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at [email protected] and contact AdThrive at [email protected]. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU).
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page. You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.
Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide the specified services to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to [email protected], but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 in its database then, please contact us at [email protected] and we will endeavour to promptly remove such information from our
Last updated: July 2020