I am a big bookworm. When I am not working or when I have some free time, I love reading. I know, these days nobody uses a physical book, but I love the feeling of holding a physical book.
Though I occasionally use the Kindle, most of the time I read a good old paperback book.
My study room is totally filled with my books; some of which I don’t read anymore. No matter how much I love rereading my favorite books, they add to the clutter.
If you love reading, then you probably have cabinets filled with books. And some of you might not read them again, or you might want to sell them. The biggest plus is this can be a great way to make some extra cash.
When you think of selling books, it can be quite confusing finding out how much it costs and how to find the buyers, etc.
It need not be complicated.
Now comes the interesting part. It is very easy to sell your used books online now, and you can make easy extra money by selling old books online.
What is BookScouter?
BookScouter is an app through which you can sell your used books online. The website has many buyers listed, and you can read the reviews about these vendors and select the ones that are most highly rated.
It also shows the top rated vendors for the day. It has vendors listed in different categories like Preferred, Normal, Pro Vendors, and Inactive Vendors, which is very useful to help you choose the right ones.
How do you sell books through BookScouter?
The process is quite simple. You go to the vendor listed on the website and check the price by searching for the ISBN or by searching the title directly. If you see a particular vendor is going to buy the book, then check the price. You can always compare the prices from different vendors and compare their ratings.
Once you accept the price, you need to ship the book. Most of the vendors offer shipping costs but do check with them first.
The vendor will pay you after receiving your book (preferably in good condition).
How do you get paid?
Though every vendor has a different payment schedule, most of the vendors or the book buyers on BookScouter either use PayPal or check as a preferred method of payment. If you prefer a check, then you need to allow additional time for the payment to reach you.
How do I sign up for BookScouter?
You can sign up for BookScouter here. It also has apps for iOS and Android.
Some things to remember:
- Always ensure the books are in new or almost new condition. BookScouter will reject your books if they are not in good shape.
- It is always good to check the vendor ratings first before accepting the offer.
- This website only uses ISBN for checking book vendors, so if your book does not have an ISBN number, then this site might not be useful.
- Selling books is not going to replace your primary income. But this can be an excellent extra cash option.
- If you are looking to make some extra money and want to declutter and sell your old books, then download this app and start another stream of making money online.
You can get BookScouter here.