It’s evident that we are living in a gig economy.
According to one study, more than 52% of the US population will either be gig economy workers or have worked independently at some time.
With so many gig websites around, you can choose the ones that give you good pay and the flexibility to earn extra money on your terms.
Let’s get into our TaskRabbit review.
What is TaskRabbit?
TaskRabbit is a platform that helps gig workers connect with people who need small services. Founded in 2008, TaskRabbit is a place where people can get small services done by “Taskers.” In other words, it’s an equivalent of Upwork or Freelancer for physical or gig services. TaskRabbit is available in the US, the UK, and Canada for now.
What jobs can you do with TaskRabbit?
There are more than 200 services that are listed on TaskRabbit where you can help as a Tasker like
- Shopping and Delivery
- Office Help
- Furniture Fixing
- Personal Assistant
And many more.
You can even earn money standing in line for others.
How to join TaskRabbit?
Joining TaskRabbit is simple. Just register online with all your details like name and address, and don’t forget to mention in detail about your skills. After a successful background check, there is an onboarding session in your city.
Once you are through with your onboarding session, you can download the app and start looking for gigs.
What are the requirements to become a Tasker?
As per the website, the following are the requirements to become a Tasker with TaskRabbit if you live in the US:
- Have a US Social Security number for the background check.
- Be at least 18 years old. All Taskers must meet this age requirement to perform tasks.
- Be able to work in one of the active cities in the US. You can see a full list of cities here.
- Have a checking account with a financial institution. Savings accounts, prepaid debit cards, and reloadable bank cards won’t work, even if it accepts direct deposits.
- Have a valid credit card. When your registration is processed, the company will charge a one-time, nonrefundable $25 registration fee.
- Have a smartphone. You’ll be managing your tasks through its Tasker app, which is compatible with iOS and Android.
- You must have iOS 9.0 or later or Android version 4.3 or later. It doesn’t have a Windows application at this time.
How much does it pay?
You have the freedom to set your own hourly rates depending on the tasks, location, and your expertise. Do keep in mind that TaskRabbit takes a cut of 15% from the hourly rates of Taskers. You can also earn tips from your clients for the tasks you complete.
You will be working as an independent contractor with TaskRabbit.
Other TaskRabbit reviews
TrustPilot has an excellent rating for TaskRabbit with most of the reviews mentioning the good work opportunities and timely pay. The only negative reviews are about some bugs in the app.
On the other hand, Indeed has some mixed reviews about being a Tasker for this company. The bad reviews are about the low pay and less availability of jobs on the app.
Tips to earn money on TaskRabbit
- Make a very descriptive and detailed profile to land more gigs. Stating your experience/expertise can increase your chances of getting the job.
- Recognize your skills and highlight them in your profile. Being more skilled means getting more jobs. People tend to hire someone who has relevant expertise rather than a complete beginner.
- As a Tasker, you must do your job perfectly and deliver more than the value. This can result in having repeat customers and, in turn, continuous income for you.
Are there any other TaskRabbit alternatives?
If TaskRabbit is not for you and you want to look for other ways to earn money on the side, here are some alternatives for you:
You can deliver groceries or shop in-store as an Instacart shopper. You can sign up and pass the background check to get started. Once you get hired, you can choose your own jobs and your schedule.
The biggest reason why more and more people are choosing side hustles is because of the flexibility and the freedom to choose what you do and when you do it. TaskRabbit is one of the legit platforms that has diverse gigs listed. No matter what you are good at, try this side gig and earn extra money today.