Let’s face it.
Everybody wants to earn a good six figure income in a job. And this is thought to be possible in a normal 9-5 job.
What if I say that there are jobs which give you the much sought after six figures sitting at your home?
With more and more companies turning to hire remote workers, it is getting easy to find a good job in any field. Companies like SAP, Apple, Xerox, Microsoft, IBM are recruiting more and more home workers.
The main reason for the increasing number of companies to go the telecommuting way is flexibility.
The flexibility to work at any time, the ease to work in the comfort of your home and the biggest reason for the tech industry to go this way is most of the work is done online.
The pay scales I have indicated are for US, but these jobs have almost the same pay range in other countries.
Let’s get into the details and which suits you.
1. Software Developer – Companies like IBM, Apple and Microsoft recruit most software developers. Many mid-sized companies also hire remotely. The full-time telecommuting salaries range between $55,238 – $116,704.
The pay range depends on the country. Though most of the jobs are in US, there are many telecommuting positions available with no geographical restriction.
2. System Administrator – As a systems administrator, your responsibility is to check the efficiency and working of the back end systems. The pay scale for this position is $39,000 – $83,000.
3. Web Designer – Web designing is quite popular as a freelancing position. There are many remote/telecommuting positions available for web designers in companies like Apple, Dell etc. The pay ranges between $29,119 – $74,938.
4. Social Media Manager – With the social media becoming the next search engine, it demands more and more positions related to this field. There are many positions related to social media like social media manager, marketing strategist, communications strategist. These are very popular telecommuting positions. This particular field is growing immensely. They get paid between $26,556 – $71,528.
5. Technical Support – Technical support jobs are abundant on the web and are available with very good companies like Apple, Amazon etc. The pay might not be much for these jobs but working for the giants like Apple does make you feel good. The pay scales are around $30,016 – $65,279.
There are more emerging positions in the telecommuting/work from home category in many countries with more and more companies going the digital way.
If you want to make a good livable income from home and have the above expertise/background, then check out the companies mentioned above to have a more flexible working option.
Do visit the Job Leads page for exclusive jobs which are country specific and you can do these jobs from anywhere in the world.
You can also find relevant job opportunities at Indeed.
Do you think there are many jobs in these fields which have work at home option? Please share in the comments.